account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

{ EMMA } Sony Flash tool for Xperia™ devices

Forum Legend
Message 21 of 132
Message 21 of 132

Re: { EMMA } Sony Flash tool for Xperia™ devices

Emma works very fine on my laptop so looks like antivirus or similar softwares are giving troubles or maybe the WiFi connection.

Could you try on a different PC ? also on a different wifi connection ?

Rookie
Message 22 of 132
Message 22 of 132

I tried running Emma on two different computers:

- a laptop running windows 10 (x64) on a wifi connection

- a PC running windows 8.1 (x32) on the same internet as my laptop, but using a wired connection

I also tried turning off my firewall and antivirus (Avast Free) but the error persists nonetheless.

Message 23 of 132
Message 23 of 132

Tried on a different PC today on same network running windows7 x64 and it worked.

Then went back to original laptop where I was having problems and with no changes to anything it worked first time .

The laptop had remained switched on in sleep mode so it had simply resumed) rather than being rebooted.

Really strange.

Suspect it must have been something server-side which has changed overnight ?

Anyway - I'm back working again now which is nice but wish I knew why !!

Rookie
Message 24 of 132
Message 24 of 132

It worked for me later today as well! I just tried turning off all my antivirus protections and firewall and it worked this time. Weird. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my new firmware, thank you for the guide! :-)

Forum Legend
Message 25 of 132
Message 25 of 132

As expected. Firewalls and antivirus do give a lot of troubles to these programs.

You're welcome @theria 

One time poster
Message 26 of 132
Message 26 of 132

when m conect my xperia m2 dual its show no  availabal service mached the device..

One time poster
Message 27 of 132
Message 27 of 132

I have same problem. Cannot install Emma even with all firewall and antivirus turned off. Works fine on my old Windows 7 PC.

One time poster
Message 28 of 132
Message 28 of 132

Hi,

I was able to install Emma on my WIndows 10 x64 machine but I am not able to launch it.
It upgraded itself and then when I try to launch it fails:

Th log file has the folloing section at the end:

!ENTRY com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.manager 2 0 2015-09-29 18:19:46.368
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.manager [364]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.api
    -> Export-Package: com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.api; bundle-symbolic-name="com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.api"; bundle-version="1.0.0.201509141241"; version="0.0.0"
       com.sonymobile.swup.ecs.communication.api [362]
         Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.sonymobile.swup.network.httpclient
           -> Export-Package: com.sonymobile.swup.network.httpclient; bundle-symbolic-name="com.sonymobile.swup.network.httpclient"; bundle-version="1.0.0.201509141241"; version="0.0.0"
              com.sonymobile.swup.network.httpclient [369]
                Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.sun.jna; bundle-version="4.1.0"
                  -> Bundle-SymbolicName: com.sun.jna; bundle-version="4.1.0"
                     com.sun.jna [389]
                       Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.native; native.paths.8:List<String>="com/sun/jna/aix-ppc64/libjnidispatch.a"; native.paths.17:List<String>="com/sun/jna/openbsd-x86/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.7:List<String>="com/sun/jna/aix-ppc/libjnidispatch.a"; native.paths.16:List<String>="com/sun/jna/freebsd-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.19:List<String>="com/sun/jna/darwin/libjnidispatch.jnilib"; native.paths.9:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-ppc/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.18:List<String>="com/sun/jna/openbsd-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.13:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-arm/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.12:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.15:List<String>="com/sun/jna/freebsd-x86/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.14:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-ia64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.11:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-x86/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.10:List<String>="com/sun/jna/linux-ppc64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.0:List<String>="com/sun/jna/win32-x86/jnidispatch.dll"; native.paths.2:List<String>="com/sun/jna/w32ce-arm/jnidispatch.dll"; native.paths.1:List<String>="com/sun/jna/win32-x86-64/jnidispatch.dll"; native.paths.4:List<String>="com/sun/jna/sunos-x86-64/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.3:List<String>="com/sun/jna/sunos-x86/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.6:List<String>="com/sun/jna/sunos-sparcv9/libjnidispatch.so"; native.paths.5:List<String>="com/sun/jna/sunos-sparc/libjnidispatch.so"; filter:="(|(&(osgi.native.osname~=win32)(osgi.native.processor~=x86))(&(osgi.native.osname~=win32)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=wince)(osgi.native.processor~=arm))(&(osgi.native.osname~=sunos)(osgi.native.processor~=x86))(&(osgi.native.osname~=sunos)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=sunos)(osgi.native.processor~=sparc))(&(osgi.native.osname~=sunos)(osgi.native.processor~=sparcv9))(&(osgi.native.osname~=aix)(osgi.native.processor~=ppc))(&(osgi.native.osname~=aix)(osgi.native.processor~=ppc64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=ppc))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=ppc64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=x86))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=arm))(&(osgi.native.osname~=linux)(osgi.native.processor~=ia64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=freebsd)(osgi.native.processor~=x86))(&(osgi.native.osname~=freebsd)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=openbsd)(osgi.native.processor~=x86))(&(osgi.native.osname~=openbsd)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64))(&(osgi.native.osname~=macosx)(|(osgi.native.processor~=x86)(osgi.native.processor~=x86-64)(osgi.native.processor~=ppc))))"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-09-29 18:19:46.384
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "com.sonymobile.cs.ma3.client.emma.emmaapplication" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.help.base.infocenterApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.helpApplication, org.eclipse.help.base.indexTool, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.E4Application, org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt.GenTopic.
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
 at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Forum Legend
Message 29 of 132
Message 29 of 132

Hi everybody

Anyone running windows 10 must wait for the emma to get updated. It's not compatible with windows 10 at the moment.

One time poster
Message 30 of 132
Message 30 of 132

Capture2.PNG notwork connection done. it dont working...