account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if you considering unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

Important information

Please note that you may void the warranty of your phone and/or any warranty from your operator if you unlock the boot loader. You should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced user with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved.

For more information go here http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Please also note

The Sony Xperia support team will not be able provide any support, related to unlocking the boot loader or rooting your phone.

We also recommend you to read the below blogposts.

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/03/29/unlocking-the-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia%e2%84%a2-smartphones/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/04/14/option-to-unlock-the-boot-loader-now-available-for-advanced-developers/

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/2011/09/28/sony-ericsson-supports-independent-developers/

Best regards
Sony Xperia support team

Bootloader unlock verification email not received

One time poster
Message 21 of 36
Message 21 of 36

Re: Bootloader unlock verification email not received

Hello,

yesterday and today i tried 2 different email-adresses to get the verification email, but unfortunately without any success. one is web.de and one is gmx.net and both didnt receive an email. of course i looked into spam and trash folders too.

if i try one of these emails again on the sony developer website, i get this answer:

"It appears we are already waiting for you to activate your previous request.
Please check your inbox and the spam folders."

but there are no emails...

One time poster
Message 22 of 36
Message 22 of 36

Re: Bootloader unlock verification email not received (solved for me)

yesterday i tried three different mail adresses (all de domains). No Answer.

Today i tried my gmail adress. Tadaaaa! Answer within seconds!

Maybe they only send to *.com domains?

Weird... hope it works for you2

One time poster
Message 23 of 36
Message 23 of 36

Same here, tried it with a gmx-address, with my work-address ... only thing which seems to work is, to create a gmail-account .... message arrived in seconds.

Not very profffesional, sony !!

One time poster
Message 24 of 36
Message 24 of 36

Hello,

I had the same problem but i have got a fix! As some other i tried it twice with different accounts. These were Outlook accounts and my third time was with a Gmail account. The Gmail account worked instantly! While my other Outlook accounts never recieved anything.

Hope this worked for you!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 25 of 36
Message 25 of 36

I have the same problem for both my Sony Xperia Active ST17i and for my Sony Xperia Z5 SOV32.

I have tried two different and valid email addresses for both phones. I also also checked my junk mail folders but I do not get any mail from Sony containing a link to proceed with the unlocking of the bootloader. I keep waiting for minutes, hours, days, weeks and months and I do not receive any mail from Sony. That's frustrating because I have bought three mobile phones from them...

One time poster
Message 26 of 36
Message 26 of 36

Same for me..

I sent 3 mails to explain my problem to UK and French support. They don't understand..

I don't know what to do.

"Just send me the email.. " it's not so complicated, is it ?

Thanks for your help.

One time poster
Message 27 of 36
Message 27 of 36

15.05.2016:

I tried also with several Email accounts, got no Verivication Mail.

Very frustrating.

Slightly frowning Face

Rookie
Message 28 of 36
Message 28 of 36

Bootloader code

Dear Sony support

I want to unlock my bootloader on my Xperia ARC S phone.

however I tred to get the unlock code from your website:

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com

and it told me to check my mailbox but no email was sent to me. (though I checked the SPAM folder).

I also tried it several times since last week and I even used more than one email account (gmail, yahoo) but did not get any email message with the bootloader code

can you please help

thanks.

Rookie
Message 29 of 36
Message 29 of 36

Re: Bootloader code

Can eny one help me

Emperor
Message 30 of 36
Message 30 of 36

Re: Bootloader code

@Emaaade

That's rather odd, you might want to contact Sony directly >>> Local Support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)