account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

This device does not support the Android Q Developer Preview software (H8416)

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

This device does not support the Android Q Developer Preview software (H8416)

Dear Sony Team,

unfortunately I was not able to install the Android Q Beta on my XZ3 device:

Sony.jpgError message

Model:

H8416

Customization Version:

1316-6837_R7B

Active Customization:

1316-6837_R7B

As a developer I bought this device especially for Android Q testing so it would be great if you could make the beta run on my device.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: This device does not support the Android Q Developer Preview software (H8416)

Any update on this issue?

My device is not customized by an Operator. It is the standard version I bought for the full prize at a well known online marketplace - I see no reason why Android Q should not be supported.

So please modify your update restrictions. Thank you!

Developer World
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: This device does not support the Android Q Developer Preview software (H8416)

Hi @PeteSmith  

From what I can tell the customization in your device is for Swisscom and that is unfortunatley not supported in the Beta.

Br

Android 10 Beta team.

Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @PeteSmith  

From what I can tell the customization in your device is for Swisscom and that is unfortunatley not supported in the Beta.

Br

Android 10 Beta team.