account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

New XZ3 tester (updating posts)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

New XZ3 tester (updating posts)

I have just finished the installation. The first problem was that I couldn't make a call and the sms were delayed. The solution was found on google: On settings menu,type carrier and tap the first result (carrier services).There is no switcher but after tapping, the calls and the sms are working.

The QI charging works.

Nothing else tested yet.

I will inform you for every problem in next days.

15 REPLIES 15
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: New XZ3 tester

I don't have 3G or 4G.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

The problem with 3g/4g solved but I had to insert manually the carrier settings.There is no option for automatic download of the carrier's settings.

I have some small freezings with Nova launcher (Prime) with it's gestures.

The back gesture of Q Beta is working fine in my phone.

The Quickstep is crashing many times.

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

The first big freezing was today. In bluetooth settings and while I tried to find devices,the screen became totally white and I manage to restart my device with hard reset.

One more problem was in Nova Launcher Prime. Every time I tried to set the app drawer as list, the application force closed and didn't open again.Only after unistall/reinstall the problem solved.

I changed the shape of system icons through programmers settings and it changed back today from squircle to actory circle shape.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

The settings app crashes when I enter the print services but after turning them off,there is no problem.With print service from playstore the settings app doesn't crash.

Unstable carrier network causes freezing and when I make calls and I can't finish the calls. 

Some ebanking apps don't work.

Audify music player and fing app don't work.

The sound of speakers doesn't have the same quality as before.

The battery saver works fine and the device is also smooth as without it.

It gaves to me 1-2 hours extra sot.

The application for my car alarm opens but the bluetooth can't find the cars modem.Maybe it is for security reason. Pandrora BT app

Screen brightness is larger at the lower setting. Wifi is more weak.

GPS is ok.Google maps alsoworks fine but I can't hear street names as before.

A full black theme would be the excellent setting.

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

The icon of the carrier's signal strength is not visible in lock screen. Only the name of carrier is visible.

I think led notification doesn't work except to charging

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Viber crashed today while trying to take and send photo. Hard reset again. 

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Lift to see lockscreen doesn't work at all.

Always on lockscreen worked sometimes but now it doesn't work. 

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I returned to Android 9 Pie for 3-4 days but finally I flashed again the Q Beta.

Everything gone perfect with PC Companion. 

The operator's signal had problem again with fresh installation.The first minutes I only received sms but no calls. Then nothing at all.

After factory reset (with Q Beta installed) and when I donwloaded the cloud backup from google account from my previous try on Q Beta,everything started to work.

Inhabitant
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

LED notifications don't work.

Only while charging,the led has a color between green and yellow (more close to green)