account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

Is unlocked bootloader XZ3 possible to update to Android Q Beta?

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Is unlocked bootloader XZ3 possible to update to Android Q Beta?

My device is unlocked bootloader H9436. Would you please to check whether I can try Android Q Beta? 

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is unlocked bootloader XZ3 possible to update to Android Q Beta?

Sadly this isn't possible, since the Xperia Companion Tool refuses to flash any device with bootloader unlocked. It's a shame that Sony only offers the beta that way and does not even offer a way to relock the bootloader even though the warning boot screen always asks me to lock the bootloader

PS:

It's really odd that on one hand Sony wants developers to use this beta to test their apps etc, but at the same time they lock out anyone with unlocked bootloader 

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes, it is

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

And as we can see by now: No one at Sony seems to care... Guess while I like my XZ3, my next device shouldn't be a Sony again