account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

Is Xperia Beta a joke?

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Is Xperia Beta a joke?

We're already at beta 6 and the XZ3 is still under the Beta 4, the official release of Android 10 is next week. I though Sony was more serious but no the beta program is kinda useless. Hope at least we will get the official release in the few first weeks after the Pixel.

3 REPLIES 3
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is Xperia Beta a joke?

Looks like in a few months Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I would rather use the word troll, a joke can be kind of funny and some jokes don't wear out. A troll on the other hand keeps on trolling in many ways, my XZ3 Beta 4 keeps on trollingGhost Most issues appears to be sw/hw optimization issues, but also some faults I would consider to be just bugs and errors. I have only had a couple of in app issues and those I reported to app developers.

If the last beta was supposed to be 4 I would prefer to know that when installing, but the development schedule clearly states that Beta 5 and 6 were supposed to be available as well. I understand that development of the SW takes time, but please just inform the forum users what's coming up in the pipeline, even if it's just to wait for the finished Q.

I'm a little bit disappointed that this forum is open without any follow up or information...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Yes, it was a shortlived joke😕