account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

First Impressions

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

First Impressions

Hi folks,

my first impressions so far are very positive. Fluid and fast experience, especially web browsing in chrome seems more responsive. I turned on fully gesture based navigation. A little bit frustrated with the back gesture though: Not knowing how to open a hamburger menu while not navigating back ...

Anybody else with (first) impressions so far?

3 REPLIES 3
Regular
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: First Impressions

I have the same problem with the back gesture 😂

Overall though, I am looking forward to the new UI and improvements that come with Android Q.

I'm so glad about the dark mode too! 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

dark mode ?!

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Oh yeah! It has some true black areas e.g. notifications, quick settings, etc. But the settings menu itself is just a very dark grey. Still better than the all-white settings menus of the past though.

You can activate it either through the Quick Settings dropdown menu and toggling Dark Theme on or in by going into Settings|Display|Theme and select Dark.