account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to Sony's Developer Community!
This is where we discuss development related questions and share experiences using Sony SDK's
Regards
@SonyDevWorld

Audio playing from xz3 phone speaker when headphones are connected

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Audio playing from xz3 phone speaker when headphones are connected

Using the stock USB c adapter and stock headphones on Android q beta 3, but the audio comes from phones speaker when they are plugged in.

I have tried restarting my phone and running safe mode but there was a screen that said no commands but still no luck

I'm new to this developer preview thing, I'm not even a developer but I liked the look of the new features and wanted to try them out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

EDIT: 

I have tried using the headphones themselves, no adapter, with my laptop and other phones they work perfectly fine. I have also tried using the headphones attached to the adapater with my old Xperia E5, G3311, (however it has a headphone jack [and is running android pie] and the headphones connected directly to the phone still work) but it also plays through the phone speaker, not sure if this means anything, but I thought it would be useful to mention. Also tried using them with my mum's samsung (yes I realise this is a sony forum, I wanted to cover my basis) Galaxy A8 SM-A530F through both the adapter and headphone jack directly with the same result as the E5.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Audio playing from xz3 phone speaker when headphones are connected

Hi @Arkyel 

Headphones (PHF) is not working well in the Beta SW. Please see the known issue list.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/android-q-beta/latest-updates-known-issues

Br

Android 10 Beta team

1 REPLY 1
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Audio playing from xz3 phone speaker when headphones are connected

Hi @Arkyel 

Headphones (PHF) is not working well in the Beta SW. Please see the known issue list.

https://developer.sony.com/develop/android-q-beta/latest-updates-known-issues

Br

Android 10 Beta team