account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Your device has failed verification and may not work properly

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Your device has failed verification and may not work properly

Your device has failed verification and may not work properly, How to fix? AOSP Android Pie,xperia x dual

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Developer World
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Your device has failed verification and may not work properly

Hi,

starting with Android 8 we enabled verity (following AOSP) and before you change any file on the device you should turn it off to avoid that message

Regards

Alin

8 REPLIES 8
Developer World
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

starting with Android 8 we enabled verity (following AOSP) and before you change any file on the device you should turn it off to avoid that message

Regards

Alin

Adviser
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

how to disable verification?

IMG_20181012_214454.jpg

Developer World
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

for every partiton that you want to edit, you have to disable verity in the common dts (in kernel) and platform's fstab

Regards

Alin

Adviser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I first assembled the firmware, and I don’t know where ftab and dts are, could you tell me more about how to do this? Thank you.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

But by default the AOSP build pulls in a precompiled kernel... So by following the AOSP guide we end up with a build that won't boot? Why was verity enabled by default? That seems very counter-intuitive...

I've followed the AOSP guide three times and each of the three times my Xperia X has ended up with that message.

Edit: to add to this, it doesn't always lock out right away either. My most recent attempt (after disabling verity in ./build/make/target/product/verity.mk and rebuilding) I got to three reboots, was even able to flash Magisk but after installing my first Magisk module (and rebooting) it went right back to the verify error and shut down.

So it's not consistently failing verify...

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi im no mobile expert but iv been trying to clear this message for weeks. I tried everything it did not dissapear untill i uninstalled the update. I went to settings, apps, located system iu update app, cleared 

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Uninstall system update i cleared from settings apps, cleared data and chache

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Settings apps system update clear data cache, follow steps to erecovery download system update package wifi needed restart your mobile