account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia XZ3 OEM unlocking option greyed out

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Xperia XZ3 OEM unlocking option greyed out

Why repeating question mark multiple time? See-no-Evil Monkey

Yes, you are right, my solution is for the XZ2 Compact and unfortunately there seems no downgrade possible for the XZ3.

Hope you will get yours working when the update will be available.

Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

Still no success with my XZ3. I updated to the latest version, 52.0.A.3.84, and followed the usual process (factory resetting, not signing in to any accounts etc.) but the OEM unlocking option remains greyed out. I did the process twice as some forums suggest this is sometimes necessary to remove all stored info but still it didn't work.

Is this version the update you expected to fix the issue or is there another on the horizon? I have checked and it says my phone is updated to the latest version.

Adept
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

I'm having the same issue on my xz1Screenshot_20181215-060723.png

Highlighted
Adept
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

How are you backing up your DRM keys?

Visitor
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

I have this exact problem with my XZ3.  I thought it would be fixed by now, but it is not!  Is it even possible to unlock this phone?

Learner
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Screenshot_20181222-123339.pngScreenshot_20181222-123401.pngChinese Xperia XZ3(H9493). Google services not available. Trying to change firmware to Hong Kong version but "OEM unlocking" greyed out. Also did same steps (but with chenese SIM, russian SIM, WiFi) as topicstarter with no result. Nothing has changed after update . The option is still not available.  2019 is coming. . . Unamused Face

Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

Latest software update allows me to unlock the bootloader, 52.0.A.3.84. 

Had to factory reset and enable WiFi but no security or accounts as usual. Used unlock code generated with IMEI here:

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/

Put device into fastboot mode and use the below command:

fastboot oem unlock 0x<insert your unlock code>Screenshot_20181031-214222.pngScreenshot_20181031-214232.png

Visitor
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Hello...I'm running s/w .84 on the xz3 yet no fix and oem unlock remains greyed out. Please advise how to fix. Thank you.

Developer World
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Hi,

Please reset the device to factory settings and the option will be available after boot 

NOTE:

You have to connect to a network (GSM or WiFi)

Regards

Alin

One time poster
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Hey, 

This doesn't work. I cannot unlock my bootloader because of this and I did reset the device already twice.

What can I do more to get the 'oem unlock' option in developer-options unlocked?

Regards,

Turkdale