account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Please support font style

Talent
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Please support font style

Developers please add / support font style for Xperia smartphone

It's important for some people. You know if we unlock the bootloader to change the font we will lose the warranty.

So, why you don't won't to add it / supporting the font style or listing for us ?

Every time we try to root the device to change to font & lose the warranty and this is bad.

Many and many of the manufacturers have / supported this features / option :

1- Samsung
2- LG
3- HTC
4- Huawei
5- Lenovo
6- Asus
7- Oppo
8- Xiaomi
9- OnePlus
10- Vivo

only Google / Sony still ?!

I know It's easy for you to add it, and because Android OS have many features & open system.

And don't forget , the Japanese software supported this option,so why not available for globally version ?

So, which one better ?

Add it to software and many people will enjoy it and will be happy.

Or

Rooting the device to change it and lose the warranty for one of the feature that we want ?

Since 2011 I'm always trying to rooting my Xperia devices to change the font style and my other friends have the option on Galaxy smartphone.

I hope if the developers or support team see this post support is with Android Pie 9.0 or with separate update. I know its easy with to supported small update or with monthly updates with security batch updates.

Here a link for many fonts for Xperia :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/font-packs-extended-xperias-t24489...

here xperia font selector ( neet root )

https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/root-fonts-xperia-t3525492

here font selector apk ( last version ) :

I already installed in my Xperia xz premium, I saw the option with few fonts, but if I want to change the font, after restarting the device not changing (need to be edited in software )

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sony-mobile-communications/font-selector/font-selector-2-1-a-0-0-relea...

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Please support font style

admit. i would also like to change the font systemwide to roboto light.

i do not like medium. the light font give the phone a more premium look.