account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Phone does not remain in bootloader mode

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone does not remain in bootloader mode

Hello, folks;

I have a trouble with my XA2 h4113. It can enter the bootloader quite well, either by using the volume-up button or by "adb reboot bootloader". However, whenever I enter any fastboot command against it, e.g. "fastboot devices", it shuts immediately down. In this way I cannot flash AOSP 9 that I have just built for it. I had troubles with unlocking it for this same reason - it seems it is accepting commands for a very short period of time, just a few seconds, before it shuts down. Tried various cables and USB ports as well as fastboot binaries (Android SDK, OS package) but without any difference. Any idea why fastboot would be making it power off? 

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone does not remain in bootloader mode

I found a workaround by using a different computer with USB 2 ports where fastboot worked as expected and the phone stayed up. I reckon that USB 3 ports can cause this kind of a trouble to pioneer  but do not affect flashing suzu and kugo, for instance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Regular
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone does not remain in bootloader mode

I found a workaround by using a different computer with USB 2 ports where fastboot worked as expected and the phone stayed up. I reckon that USB 3 ports can cause this kind of a trouble to pioneer  but do not affect flashing suzu and kugo, for instance.