account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Current issues with AOSP on Xperia XZ (Tone/Kagura)

Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Current issues with AOSP on Xperia XZ (Tone/Kagura)

Some of these issues already have topics, but there is lot of uncomplete information and other issues, so i want to start a fresh topic which shows all current issues with AOSP on the Xperia XZ (and maybe other devices?) that i experienced.

I think almost all of these are related to the firmware and so only can be fixed by Sony.

9.0.0_r44 does not work at all

The system builds fine and boots up, but if you open any app an switch back to the launcher, the whole system crashes. This even happens if you use alternative launchers. It does not happen 100% of the time but like 90% of the time. The longer you are in the app, the higher is the chance it crashes when you press the home button.

But not the launcher crashes, the whole UI crashes including all running applications. That means all applications are closed.

The Camera no longer works

Since 3 firmware releases or so, the camera no longer works. After a fresh reboot, the first shot you take works fine. If you close the camera app then and re-open it, everything does have a green tint, if you close it again, it doesn't start up at all.

This also happens with alternative camera apps like Simple Camera and FreeDCam.

Last tested with 9.0.0_r41

Random system reboots from time to time

The system randomly reboots completely. It just locks up and than after like 5 seconds, you get to see the splash screen (This Device has been unlocked bla bla untrusted bla bla)

This happens randomly. Sometimes it happens 5 times a day, sometimes it happens like every 30 minutes for 3-4 times, sometimes it doesn't happen for a week at all. I wasn't able to see a pattern here but at least for me, it happens very rare and this is not a minor issue.

Wrong white balance

When you restart the phone or use the invert color feature, the white balance is wrong. This happens since the latest firmware release from may. The white balance is at roughly 5000K.

If you go to the advanced settings in the android settings menu, you see an option to change the white balance. In this it is set to 6000K. If you set it to something else, for example 6500K and then set it back to 6000K, the white balance is correct, white is white.

But if you use an feature like invert colors, the white balance, again, is wrong and back at 5000K (the settings still say 6000K)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Current issues with AOSP on Xperia XZ (Tone/Kagura)

With the Upgrade to 9.0.0_r46 the System is completely stuck in a GUI reboot loop. So its 100% unusable now. Downgraded to 9.0.0_r41 again

Adviser
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

9.0.0_r46 works after flashing userdata (same does not work for 9.0.0_r44)

So i think the issue with 9.0.0_r44 doesn't matter anymore

Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

please post bugs in the bug tracker

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker/

Thanks

Alin