account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Can't flash anything ("Requested download size is more than max allowed")

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Can't flash anything ("Requested download size is more than max allowed")

TL/DR: I can't flash anything on my device. Command fails with the error "Requested download size is more than max allowed".

I tried to flash AOSP on my device. I've followed the guide to unlock, build and flash. The first obstacle i ran into was unlocking the bootloader. When i ran the command I gut three dots as a return and then nothing more happend. Fastboot didn't display any error messages but also didn't terminate. After about twenty minutes i disconnected the phone. It seems that the command has worked nonetheless because the device shows that the bootloader is unlocked (during boot, in developer settings and in the service menu). But I can't flash anything onto the device. I always get the following error:

$ ./fastboot flash boot ../android/out/target/product/lilac/boot.img 
Sending 'boot' (16225 KB)                          FAILED (remote: 'Requested download size is more than max allowed')
Finished. Total time: 0.001s

Any ideas how to solve this?

I'm using an Xperia XZ1 Compact with the newest firmware and an Ubuntu Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't flash anything ("Requested download size is more than max allowed")

After lots of trial and error i've a solution. Unfortunatly not a very good one: I've installed Windows 10 on my machine and there the flashing worked without an error. Sorry for all the Linux users hoping for an answer - i still have no idea, why it isn't working with my ubuntu...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't flash anything ("Requested download size is more than max allowed")

After lots of trial and error i've a solution. Unfortunatly not a very good one: I've installed Windows 10 on my machine and there the flashing worked without an error. Sorry for all the Linux users hoping for an answer - i still have no idea, why it isn't working with my ubuntu...

View solution in original post