account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia X update to android 8.1

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia X update to android 8.1

I build succesfuly image for Xperia X Android 8.1 loire. When I flash image to mobile(included vendor image) it show only android text and even if I waited hour nothing changed. Is something what I missed?

Thanks for help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia X update to android 8.1

I wouldn't call it successful just yet.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Just compiled 8.1 for Xperia X Compact. Haven't tested details yet, but seems to work.

Have you flashed newest vendor image for 8.1 (SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v09_loire) after cleaning the device?

Developer World
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Android 8.1 requires the latest vendor release (v9)

Regards

Alin

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I have flashed SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v11_loire.img as per the instruction given in  - https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/guides/aosp-build-instructions/build-aosp-nougat-8-1...

But still have the following issues,

- VOLTE call not workig (I enabled VOLTE in the configuration)

- I tried with normal GSM sim , the call goes through but microphone not working

I flashed AOSP only to enable to VOLTE and get rid of bloatwares from 3rdparty ftf files.

Can you also help me with the procedure to install Google Play Store / Services with dependencies?

Please help.

Developer World
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

VoLTE is not suported in our Open Devices release and can not be enabled

Regards

Alin