account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia X AOSP 8.1 Bug v11: WiFi turns off and unable to turn on until next reboot.

Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Xperia X AOSP 8.1 Bug v11: WiFi turns off and unable to turn on until next reboot.

I have a Xperia X running AOSP 8.1 v11. I turn off my phone and restart, So when my phone is restarted, WiFi is disabled and can't be on. I can only use WiFi again once I reboot the device again.

3 REPLIES 3
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Xperia X AOSP 8.1 Bug v11: WiFi turns off and unable to turn on until next reboot.

Hi,

I am unable to replicate the bug with the latest release

Please rebuild and try to replicate it again starting from a clean userdata wipe

If the issue persists please use the bugtracker to report the issue

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Xperia X AOSP 8.1 Bug v11: WiFi turns off and unable to turn on until next reboot.

Hi, I'm having similar problem with X compact - wifi usually works fine for sime time but then, it can not be switched on once it was switched off. Reboot is needed and everything works fine again. I could not identify any specific pattern to replicate the problem, but it is there for the past ~3 months maybe? It always takes some combination of time and number of times I switched wifi on and off.

Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

This looks like an old bug that has been fixed.

We tried to replicate the bug on the latest software and we can not replicate it anymore.

Please use the latest Android version with the latest kernel

Regards

Alin