account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

XPERIA X: fastboot flash oem fails with: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Learner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

XPERIA X: fastboot flash oem fails with: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Hi ,

i tried to flash the newest oem_SW_binaries with :

fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_8.1.6.4_r1_v10_loire.img

and it fails with:

target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'oem' (224421 KB)...
OKAY [  7.059s]
writing 'oem'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

boot and image partion was flashing without a problem

What is the the problem here ?

7 REPLIES
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: XPERIA X: fastboot flash oem fails with: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

You need to once flash the latest original Sony firmware with the Sony flash tool, to update the bootloader. Afterwards the flash of custom firmware and oem should work.

Developer World
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: XPERIA X: fastboot flash oem fails with: FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)

Hi,

please use the flashtool to update the software to the latest version

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/

When  the update is done please start your device and complete the setup

This will provide the latest bootloader and firmware which are needed to use AOSP

Regards

Alin

One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

hello how are you a question which flash do you talk to the xperia companion ?? because it does not get me in flash mode just fastboot how can I solve it thanks

Developer World
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi

to access different flash modes shutdown your device device

Use one of the flash modes

- flashmode is used by flashtool to flash the Sony Software

- fastboot mode is used by fastboot to flash the AOSP images

Key combinations:

- flashmode - press volume down and insert the USB cable (green light will come)

- fastboot - press volume up and insert the USB cable (blue light will come)

Regards

Alin

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Sorry, but I'm using an Xperia L.

Sony Flashtool says that the device is out of support. Is there anything I can do to update the bootloader..? 

Also, I'm getting a blank screen when booting into fastboot mode using adb reboot bootloader. Is this normal..? If not, why is this happening? How can I solve it?

Developer World
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi,

Please update the device to the latest SW version, before flashing AOSP, because the new SW has a new bootloader which enables the flash on the oem partition

Regards

Alin

Developer World
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

You are posting in a theread for Xperia X !

Unfortunately your device is not supporting the features.

Regards

Alin