account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Project Treble on Oreo devices

Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Project Treble on Oreo devices

Hello, can someone who is running AOSP oreo (preferably Xperia X Grinning Face with smiling Eyes) please check if project treble is supported? (see this to know how to do it https://www.xda-developers.com/project-treble-android-oreo/)

My guess is that it's not, since in the compile guide the vendor partition is not mentioned (on older devices it is necessary to re-partition the storage), but I hope to be wrong Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Thank you! Cheers Ballon

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Project Treble on Oreo devices

Hi,

not enabled on the Xperia X Compact. However new Vendor partition is within the build instructions for Oreo.

For plans to adapt to treble, you would probably need someone from Sony to tell.

Regards

Chris

Regular
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I saw the oem partition and I guess it can be used for Treble. I think that to support treble Qualcomm has to update his blobs...I don't know if I'm wrong though. Since the blobs provided here are different from what Sony ships by default on our phones, I don't know where they come from. I haven't found this information anywhere here.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Screenshot_20180307-194310.png

It's not supported...

Developer World
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

we are using the oem partition to store the vendor binaries but full treble can not be enabled on models older than 2018 (XA2, XZ2) because the old devices miss the vendor partition.

Even with this missing partition we already took the needed steps and all the files that should be on the vendor partiton can be found in system/vendor.

Regards

Alin