account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

F5121 stuck on Android boot screen after flashing AOSP 8.0 images

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

F5121 stuck on Android boot screen after flashing AOSP 8.0 images

Hi,

I carefully followed the instructions and successfully built Android 8.0 for the Xperia X multiple times on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04, but after flashing the images to the device, it gets stuck on the Android boot screen and never boots up.

I built AOSP 8.0 multiple times on two different versions of Ubuntu (14.04 and 16.04), but the end result is always the same and the phone never gets past the Android boot screen.

I did flash the latest software binaries (

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uXUhtKli2mVVY7vOX0skmFC26l0axbQ_/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K5A3KkWtWQw_yRQJ_20gNGib1UHmHvOv/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated.

John

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: F5121 stuck on Android boot screen after flashing AOSP 8.0 images

I have the same problem with AOSP 8.1 r26. Previous updates were quite fine up to r20. The boot problem occurred for the first time only with r26 even when using the latest binaries  (same results with r1_v11). I build regularly the userdebug mode. I have not found a fix for this trouble as yet. I am building for Xperia X.

Developer World
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: F5121 stuck on Android boot screen after flashing AOSP 8.0 images

Hi,

please download the sources again and start the build

I tried to replicate the issue and the build works fine  (Android 8.0.1_r30)

Regards

Alin