account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Emma and Versions

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Emma and Versions

Hi,

Could someone please say me how Emma get new stock software updates.

My phone is a XA2 H3113, and Emma only show me 50.1.A.13.83 update with 18-09 security update level

Of course my phone is unlocked and I'd like to update to latest security level.

Sony's site show version 50.1.A.13.123 when I ask it for my IMEI here : https://support.sonymobile.com/fr/software/

Is Emma always late compared to sony's site or is this a kind of error ?

edit : Sorry, This should be in general discussion forum, feel free to move it into the correct section if you can :p

3 REPLIES 3
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emma and Versions

Hi,

the Emma tool always contains reelases that are tested and are a stable base for the Open Devices Project

There can be new releases that may cause stability issues with the project

Regards

Alin

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Do you mean that 50.1.A.13.123 verison is unstable for unlocked bootloader phones compared to 50.1.A.13.83 ? It sounds a bit strange Thinking Face as they are both stock firmware.

I've an other question for you please.

this link (https://developer.sony.com/posts/flash-tool-updated-with-new-feature/) seems to say that EMMA could help me to update my android version without having to erase all personal datas.

Is that true ? Does "firmware" word means "the system" and that updating from 50.1.A.13.83 to 50.1.A.13.123 wil be the same as being able to update OTA with unlocked bootloader ?

As you can read, english is not my native language, so I understand many thinks but I could misunderstand some text Winking Face

regards,

Nemric Slightly smiling Face

Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

the firmware update will not update your Android or kernel

Regards

Alin