account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Does XZ2 supported by open devices program?

Regular
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Does XZ2 supported by open devices program?

I'm try to build aosp for xz2 and notice that there're missing some file (like prebuild kernel) in sony repo for this device. Didn't see the vendor binary here also

11 REPLIES 11
Apprentice
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Does XZ2 supported by open devices program?

Developer World
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi,

the device will become available soon

Regards

Alin

Apprentice
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hey there, could we get any indication of how soon soon is? Heart

Right now I just own an unlocked device (without working camera) that I can't do anything with except wait for it to 'become available'.. so any indication would be nice :smileysmileywink:

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Edit: I see that Qualcomm is still holding onto their sourcecode right now, I suppose that delays things too? so I guess a few weeks at least for the qualcomm source, according to here: https://www.xda-developers.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-845-kernel-source-code/

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

the Open Devices code is already published but before you can flash Open Devices we have to release an update bootloader

Regards

Alin

Apprentice
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

That's great to hear! I was about to ask since qualcomm released their source on the 845 last week or so, but you guys are right on top of it Slightly smiling Face thanks! I can't wait for that last part so I can go ahead and start building roms for xz2 (compact) :smileysmileythumbsup:

Learner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hello,

Any news on the subject?

Developer World
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Hi,

The XZ2 devices have been added to the experimental build guide and you will be able to build it soon

Regards

Alin

Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hey there,

I don't mean to be a bother but has there been any progress on this? I'm very eager to compile the rom Slightly smiling Face  (Also to see if it would fix the issues I've/we've been having with the camera since unlocking the bootloader)

It just happens to be I have temporary access to a threadripper buildserver in the next few weeks so if the last few dependencies could be nailed down I'd be able to compile a rom right away! Grinning Face

But no pressure, I'm just curious for the state of it, it seemed like I could get pretty far in the build process this time, I saw the H8314 listed in the initial steps of the envsetup.sh but later on I couldn't get past the required libraries for "android.hardware.keymaster@4.0-service.citadel", but I also haven't managed to compile a kernel yet so I have no idea how much more work there needs to be done ^^

Cheers and good luck,

Alex

Learner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Hi,

Same situation here. We have chosen to use Xperia XZ2 for a company project because of the quality of sony open device programm. We have already bought several xz2 but we really need to be able to flash an AOSP to go further.

Best regards

Loïc