account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Aosp Xperia XZ1 stuck at sony logo

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Aosp Xperia XZ1 stuck at sony logo

I’m try to build the aosp for Xperia XZ1 by following this instruction step by step https://developer.sonymobile.com/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-to-build-aosp-oreo-for-unl.... The compilation part is done successfully and I flash boot, system, and userdata to the phone. When the phone boot, it stuck on sony logo. I try flash software binary and it fail (FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)). I even try build kernel from kernel repository from sonyxperiadev on github and pack zImage to boot image, but it still stuck at sony logo. Do I require another step to do than said in the instructions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Aosp Xperia XZ1 stuck at sony logo

Had similar troubles with the oem partition on the X Compact. Needed to flash the latest stock firmware from Sony with EMMA to update the bootloader. After that I could flash the AOSP images including the oem partition.

Maybe it is the same here.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

in the instructions we mention that you have to flash a vendor package that should be downloaded from our website.

Have you flashed it ?

fastboot flash oem SW_......img

Regards

Alin

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I have the same on XZ

Trying to flash oem

fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_O_MR0_4.4_v05_tone.img
target reported max download size of 268435456 bytes
sending 'oem' (226765 KB)...
OKAY [ 7.327s]
writing 'oem'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 7.341s

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Had similar troubles with the oem partition on the X Compact. Needed to flash the latest stock firmware from Sony with EMMA to update the bootloader. After that I could flash the AOSP images including the oem partition.

Maybe it is the same here.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks you for your reply

I've update the stock firmware to

47.1.A.2.374 and try reflash AOSP again

This time flashing oem (SW_.xxx.img) was successfully and the phone is successfully boot to AOSP

Thanks you