account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Xperia X Compact build error

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Xperia X Compact build error

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether it is my problem or the build binaries for AOSP 7.1.1 for X Compact are really containing wrong paths. Starting at around 81% of a clean make I start receiving errors such as:

[ 0% 9/9558] Install: out/target/product/kugo/system/vendor/firmware/fidocrypto.b00
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp -fp out/target/product/kugo/obj/ETC/fidocrypto_b00_intermediates/fidocrypto.b00 out/target/product/kugo/system/vendor/firmware/fidocrypto.b00"
acp: cannot create 'out/target/product/kugo/system/vendor/firmware/fidocrypto.b00': No such file or directory

I'm trying to solve them by simply modifying the "SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_3.10_v12_loire.zip" file, section "vendor/sony/loire-common/proprietary/Android.mk" - for the problematic files I rewrite:

LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT)/vendor/firmware

to existing path of the "out" directory (added etc directory):

LOCAL_MODULE_PATH := $(TARGET_OUT)/vendor/etc/firmware

I'm not sure if this is a real solution to the problem, since there is a heck of such a files.... and since I'm not sure whether all alike lines in the Android.mk file are affected I'm trying it one by one when build crashes one step later... (modifying the paths "fixes" the previous bug)

to be sure, I started a build process in a clean directory with the following steps (taken from the build guide previous week):

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-7.1.1_r55
cd .repo
git clone https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/local_manifests
cd local_manifests
git checkout n-mr1_3.10
cd ../..
repo sync
./repo_update.sh
unzip SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_N_MR1_3.10_v12_loire.zip

make clobber
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch <<EOF
aosp_f5321-userdebug
EOF
make -j4 &> make_7.1.1.log

thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Xperia X Compact build error

Hi,

please follow the updated build guide (the zip is no longer part of the build)

For a clear separation all blobs are added to a separate partiton (starting with version 13) and AOSP code is built from code only

Regards

Alin

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

please follow the updated build guide (the zip is no longer part of the build)

For a clear separation all blobs are added to a separate partiton (starting with version 13) and AOSP code is built from code only

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

Thank you. I noticed after placing my question that the binaries for kernel 3.10 have been changed (maybe only after the guide was updated, in past few days? Because I was checking them before the weekend and there was still v12 for the k3.10). Nevertheless, the compilation is now working and after pushing the image by adb as mentioned in other thread everything works fine.

Thank you.

Developer World
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

we are happy to announce that Xperia X and Xperia X Compact are now feature complete on the 4.4 kernel

We are working on finding and fixing all the small bugs on the new kernel

Regards

Alin

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi, I have noticed it and built both 8.0 and 7.1 with kernel 4.4. I see though, that battery is drained very quickly (~3% per hour). I'll be happy to help if you can navigate/tell me what to check.

Developer World
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

the battery drain is almost fixed and in a fiew days should be ready

Regards

Alin

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7