account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Unlock bootloader for Xperia XA1 Ultra

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Unlock bootloader for Xperia XA1 Ultra

I've been trying to unlock bootloader on my phone (Xperia XA1 Ultra), I followed the tutorials of "How to Unlock Bootloader".

Unfortunately, I got stuck at Step 3. Connect to Fastboot. I connected my phone to my computer using the fastboot key. Then I went to my device manager and tried to update the driver. It didn't work, because it says "Windows couldn't find any drivers." Even though I went to my AppData folder under Android and usb_driver folder, there is android_winusb.inf file in it. But my computer couldn't find it.

Any idea why? Slightly frowning Face

FYI, I was following a YouTube guide, and the guy suggested that I should do an Advanced startup and I disabled the driver signature enforcement.

Any help would be great! Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Developer World
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unlock bootloader for Xperia XA1 Ultra

Hi,

Here comes a wierd answer for you.

Most of us use hassle-free Linux and I only have experience from Windows in corporate environments, and I know how different windows environments can be.

What usually works best for me it to change USB port and connect again, and hope there is another popup to manually update the driver. If this doesn't work, you have to systematically try the different options Windows give you to install/ update the driver.

Perhaps anyone else in the forum can give you a more accurate answer.

//Carl

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unlock bootloader for Xperia XA1 Ultra