account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

How to root a Xperia z5 device (Bootloader unlock allowed = Yes) WITHOUT data loss

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

How to root a Xperia z5 device (Bootloader unlock allowed = Yes) WITHOUT data loss

Hello, this is about how to root a Xperia z5 device (Bootloader unlock allowed = Yes) WITHOUT factory reset / lost data.

Refer to the following procedure (but with data loss)
https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/how-to-unlock-bootload...

Here is the scenario:
I've moved my data from internal memory of my Xperia z5 to a micro SD card, which accidently got fractured when I removed from my cellphone.

Now I'm trying to recovery the "deleted data" from internal memory with recovery programs, such as DiskDigger and Mini Tool.
These programs requires root, but the main problem is having the data deleted while granting the root access (this will trigger a factory reset).

If I follow the above Sony procedure to grant root access, then the device will be reset and the data flaged as "deleted" (which still can be recovered if no overwritten yet by Android OS) will be lost.

Is there any temporary superSU, anything you can help me to grant root access without perform any reset on my mobile?

Recuva software isn't requiring root access, but it can't map the phone as storage driver to scan it and recovery the data. (Note: Windows recognizes it normaly and I can open the folders inside mobile device, but Recuva not and probably because of root permission).

Caught between a rock and a hard place: Whithout root I can't recovery the data moved/deleted from internal memory. But, by granting the root, the data will be permanently deleted.

I really appreaciate if you could help me! Thank you

1 REPLY
Developer World
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to root a Xperia z5 device (Bootloader unlock allowed = Yes) WITHOUT data loss

Hi,

unfortunately there is no way tu unlock the bootloader without a strage wipe

Regards

Alin