account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Z5 / Z5C status of Lollipop?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Z5 / Z5C status of Lollipop?

Hi everybody,

did somebody already try one to build one of the latest versions for the Z5/Z5C in February? Alin did some promising commits in the Github, so I wonder whether the "what is working and what is not" status of the Z5/Z5C may have changed.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Thread/posting deleted without notice

Dear moderators,

I opened a thread a few days ago on the open devices forum (Lollipop subforum) asking about the current Z5/Z5C status of self-built AOSP. Unfortunately, it seems the thread was deleted without even notifying me, and I also can't find any reference to it anymore in my profile.

Sorry, but this is not the way of treating users on a forum I am used to. I bought the device hoping to be able to build AOSP on it,but if this is the culture here on the forums I guess I'll better return the device to the seller...:/

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thread/posting deleted without notice

Just received the following e-mail notification:

Subject: Did you get the answer you needed?

Hello kuleszdl, Your topic recently received a reply. Question: Z5 / Z5C status of Lollipop? Date: 2016-02-06 10:30 AM Did it solve your problem? ...

Grinning Face with smiling Eyes Guess not just the Z5C needs some more work but the forum software as well....

Developer World
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Re: Thread/posting deleted without notice

Hi,

Sorry for answering late

Z5 Family is in usable state and basic conectivity works (GSM,BT,WiFi) but if you want more advanced features like camera and media codecs i recomand you to use Android 6.0

Br

Alin