account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Source code size AOSP 5.1.1

SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Source code size AOSP 5.1.1

Hi all, I tried to sync repo according to "How to build AOSP Lollipop" instructions on Sony Development site ( http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-... ).

In the instructions is written that "Downloaded data is around 10GB" ... After few hours of syncing my (virtual) machine ran out of 40GB hard disk space... any clues? Branch android-5.1.1_r9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Source code size AOSP 5.1.1

Hi,

I have just checked my local .repo and is close to 20GB

Please note that for a succesfull build you need to have 100Gb or more free space

Thanks for notifying us

We will update the build guides ASAP

Best Regards

Alin

3 REPLIES 3
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I have just checked my local .repo and is close to 20GB

Please note that for a succesfull build you need to have 100Gb or more free space

Thanks for notifying us

We will update the build guides ASAP

Best Regards

Alin

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello devjerpelea,

I think there was a mistake in your your post.

Shouldn't the free space for building be 10GB not 100GB?

Or is the space needed for building really that much?

Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

To give an example as it is on my PC: when you follow the Sony instructions for AOSP (that gives you a git clone of AOSP + checkout of files + Sony manifest & binaries + compiled AOSP for Xperia M2): 71 GB

br