account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 7
5,719 Views
Message 1 of 7

Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

I do have a problem when building my own AOSP image for my Sony Xperia Z1. I did follow the guide until

make -j 4


and got an error while executing the make statement:

build/core/base_rules.mk:156: *** vendor/qcom/prebuilt/proprietary/64bit: MODULE.TARGET.EXECUTABLES.irsc_util already defined by vendor/qcom/prebuilt/proprietary/32bit. Stop.


How can i fix this? Commenting something can not really be the answer, because these are official sources and should be buildable all the time right?

I chose the aosp_arm-eng option in the lunch menu, which hopefully should be alright.

Thanks for any Help Slightly smiling Face

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adept
Message 2 of 7
8,428 Views
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

Hello,

 

aosp_arm-eng is not the correct choice, and for the Xperia Z1, you probably have to choose aosp_c6903-userdebug

 

 

(I've checked the build codename at http://fxpblog.co/qualcomm-krait-400-family/sony-xperia-z1/)

 

br

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
8,429 Views
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

Hello,

 

aosp_arm-eng is not the correct choice, and for the Xperia Z1, you probably have to choose aosp_c6903-userdebug

 

 

(I've checked the build codename at http://fxpblog.co/qualcomm-krait-400-family/sony-xperia-z1/)

 

br

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 7
5,677 Views
Message 3 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

Hello Pikkel75,

 

Thanks for the advice, i will try it this evening and report back. Winking Face

Regular
Message 4 of 7
5,623 Views
Message 4 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

I have tried the other option in the lunch menu as you suggested and the error was gone, thanks a lot.

Message 5 of 7
5,592 Views
Message 5 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

I have the same problem with my xperia z3 and i choose aosp_d6603-userdebug???

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
5,584 Views
Message 6 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

My friends I think Sony could create a system with superuser access. Because 16GB is nothing to install applications. Games for example, take a lot of space in internal memory and we ran out of resources to install more programs. So we would not need to modify the system for root access and thus we can use applications with useful features such as Gl to SD for example, that runs the direct application of sd card.
One time poster
Message 7 of 7
5,162 Views
Message 7 of 7

Re: Sony proprietary binaries “irsc_util already defined” while building AOSP Rom

As answered the target is wrong. I ended up with this problem after first selecting the z1 target, and then partially running make. I had to abort, free up some memory, reboot, and rerun make. After that make printed TARGET_PRODUCT=full. 

 

Rerunning 

 

 

source build/envsetup.sh && lunch

 

 

fixed this problem. Actually reading the line instead of just blindly pasting it, I realize it sets up my environment vars, which are lost when I close the terminal.

 

That made make complete with "make failed to build some targets".

 

That was sorted with help from this post:

 

chmod -R 777 vendor

Will report if the build succeeds