account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Mortal Doubt (I'm not a developer)

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Mortal Doubt (I'm not a developer)

Ok, let's see, If I follow these steps (http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-...) could I just have a pure android build?Like a Nexus device? And with all features working like camera and voice recorder? If someone feel sorry about my question please answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Mortal Doubt (I'm not a developer)

Thanks devjerpelea!
Well done, I'm not a developer, yet Winking Face.But I really like to be one.
Just more one question, If I follow the steps by the link above, I will build a ROM usefull? Even with the camera not working?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Developer World
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

hi

Those instructions are for developers, but if you want to learn you can become a developer and use this base to build your own rom (nexus like) without camera (camera will come soon )

br

Alin

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

hi

camera will be available on all devices ? and how soon

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thanks devjerpelea!
Well done, I'm not a developer, yet Winking Face.But I really like to be one.
Just more one question, If I follow the steps by the link above, I will build a ROM usefull? Even with the camera not working?
Developer World
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

hi

if you follow the guide you will have a rom base

the rest can be fixed with info on xda (try writing freexperia developer and i bet that someone from the team will help you )

br

Alin