account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Fix camera functionality on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Fix camera functionality on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Camera app included with Lollipop build does not work correctly on my device (Sony Xperia Z1 Compact). I can take one picture, but zoom does not work and taking more than one picture seems to be a problem.

To find out if it is a problem of included camera app, I installed the app "Open Camera" from Google Play. Unfortunately it works only on official Lollipop ROM from Sony, but does not work on my AOSP Lollipop build. Does anybody know, if some drivers or libraries are needed for camera function? Do I need to build kernel by myself?

2 REPLIES 2
Regular
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fix camera functionality on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Original idea was to learn to understand more about software on my old device and to be able to upgrage to newer kernels and newer Android version and write own applications.

After I recompiled the kernel and flashed my new boot.img there is no fastboot anymore and I can't put original software back. If there is no possibility to put software back, I give up und postpone my plan until my next device is old.

Developer World
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fix camera functionality on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Hi,

you can flash the Sony software using the flashtool

https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/flash-tool/

Regards

Alin