account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Build problems on Android L MR1

Developer World
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Build problems on Android L MR1

Hi all

Here you can post your build issues encountered on L_MR1 and 3.10 kernel

Regards

Alin

18 REPLIES 18
Apprentice
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Build problems on Android L MR1

Hello! I am trying to build Lollipop 5.1 for Xperia E3 (yukon_flamingo).

I had two problems:

I followed the guide for 5.1 compilation from here: http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-...

This guide suggests that at the end, I have to flash boot.img. But no boot.img is created in out/target/product/generic/ .

What did I do wrong?

The second problem is that I tried to compile the copyleft kernel, following this guide: http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/how-to-build-and-flash-a-lin...

However, it seems that my device is not supported, since during the configure step, I get:

Can't find default configuration "arch/arm/configs/yukon_flamingo_defconfig"!

The same happens for the aosp kernel.

What did I do wrong?

Adviser
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

The fact that you have a out/target/product/generic/ folder let's me assume that something did not went good. Normally it should be out/target/product/*DEVICENAME*/ , e.g. out/target/product/sirius/ (for Xperia Z2) or in your case out/target/product/flamingo/.

Are you sure you you executed source build/envsetup.sh && lunch and selected the right device in the lunch screen?

Adept
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

I've used the binaries of march 20 to create AOSP 5.1 (3.10 kernel).

Phone works! Battery drain seems better (comparing with 3.4 kernel), but I have the impression it's still going fast...

(as it is my first Xperia M2 this could be a wrong impression)

Only strange thing is: when I do a poweroff, the phone powers on immediately after that (only pressing a hard reset button on my Xperia M2 shuts it down for good)

Many thanks for all the good work!

Apprentice
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

Thanks, that was actually the problem. I did not read the possible lunch menu options unfortunately.

The other point still remains. Does anyone know why the Kernel config for my device does not exist?

Adept
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

oops.... I just noticed: "build issues" so perhaps I'm not to allowed to post my AOSP "results" here....

Sorry if that's the case....

Adviser
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

@FatLobyte: checkout the branch fitting your device firmware, then it should be included. (check arch/arm/configs if there is a defconfig for your device)

@Pikkel75: Move it to the "Bugs" Thread Face with stuck-out Tongue

One time poster
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

HI

I have compile twice now the aosp following the instructions on the guide for 5.1. However, my phone is just stuck at Sony screen then reboot each of the times I compiled, I did it on two different machines just to make sure.

I am using Xperia Z1

Apprentice
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

@Myself5: My device is an E3, which would correspond to

yukon_flamingo_defconfig

But it is not available in any branch from this repository (I searched via GitHub interface)

Also, the branches seem to be version numbers and not device specific.

So what's going on here?

Edit: I was wrong, It's not just version numbers, it's version numbers mixed with device specific identifiers. My device seems to be 18.4.C.* , but there are no branches for 18.* devices in the github repo. I will move my question in another thread.

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

hi

if i understood corectly you want to compile stock kernel not open devices one !

open devices kernel defconfig for your device is aosp_yukon_flamingo_defconfig

br

Alin