account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Build problems on Android L MR0

Adept
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Build problems on Android L MR0

Hello,

Thanks! Now that you mention this, I see mounted partitions on my XPeria M2 (like /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem mounted on /firmware), and there are many more. Also, the Sony binaries include etc/firmware files.

I was confused because this "requirement" of 4.4.2 was not mentioned on "developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/aosp-build-instructions/how-to-buil..."

Is there somewhere more info on this subject? Can you use fastboot to write a file to another partition? (e.g. on my XPeria M2 the modem partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p19). With this, I could try to flash other partitions without always using flashtool.

Kind regards

Adept
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Forget my previous question.

I don't want to waste your time by keeping asking questions all the time :-)

I understand the work you do on AOSP. Because of this, I've bought myself a Sony.

I hope to be able to contribute as well, but I've got some learning to do....

Kind regards

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

hi

this kind of practice is not recomanded

is always better to flash the whole ony firmware to update all partitions

br

Alin

Adept
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Hello,

It seems battery drain is high on 5.0.2 (even with all consumers disabled).

I would like to help more on these issues (loke camera and battery), but I'm too inexperienced in the kernel-Sony interaction.

(or for that matter, Android itself :-)

It seems for other XPeria devices, the camera works (www.blinkenlights.ch/ccms/android/yuga-l.html). Has this user figured it out himself or is the Sony github branch just more updated for these devices?

Keep up the good work! If you are the person responsable for making AOSP possible on Sony, you already have a place to stay if you ever want to visit Belgium :-)

kind regards