account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Build kernel for M4 aqua E2303

Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Build kernel for M4 aqua E2303

Good afternoon. I wanted to modify the kernel for my phone, but I found out in the building tutorial that the M4 doesn't have its lines for compiling it. But in the github repository I can find files for the M4 (in the folder /device-sony-tulip). Is this enough for my purpose. And if so, which would be the arguments for the mkqcdbootimg tool? Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Developer World
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Build kernel for M4 aqua E2303

Hi and welcome,

To be able to asnwer your question i need more information

Are you trying to recompile the kernel for the device that uses Sony software or are you trying to build AOSP

http://developer.sonymobile.com/knowledge-base/open-source/open-devices/

all kernel copy left archives can be found on this link even if they are not prezent on github 

http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/opensource/

regards

Alin

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

I'm trying to build AOSP for the Xperia M4 aqua, focusing specially on the kernel, in which I want to make some modifications. But doing so, I'm facing difficulties. I managed to build one following the tutorial available in sony's web, but after flashing it the phone couldn't boot, so probably I've made something wrong. The only step that I do have to modify is to add the kanuti and tulip repositories to the .xml file? Or should I do anything else?

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Highlighted
Developer World
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi

which android version are you trying to build ?

Regards

Alin

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

My phone Xperia C 2305

How can I upgrade my android system from 4.2.2 to 5.1.1

Developer World
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

we support only the Global LTE (2303) variant but you can easly add support for your device

Regards

Alin