account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

Bugs

Developer World
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Bugs

Hi All

In case you find bugs in Android post them here and we can see how we can solve them

Regards

Alin

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Talent
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: Bugs

Straight to the chase,

First off,

SIM card not detected.

Great work on getting 5.1 up so quick

I tried audio with stock music app and everything seems to work, I was able to listen and change tracks, etc., with no problems.

But, when I tried MyPlayer app, music would not play and system would hang, needing a reboot: http://pastebin.com/RSKDUq1T

This seems to be a system problem as even after force closing app a full reboot is needed for ANY music app to work again.

Other things I noticed:

A lot of logging of BrcmNfcJni

And, "I/        (  772): Time restored!" appears throughout the log, is it necessary to have time restoring repeatedly?

Thank you

Talent
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

I also have this in logs:

I/CameraManagerGlobal(  873): getCameraService: Reconnecting to camera service
E/CameraService(  289): getCameraVendorTagDescriptor: camera hardware module doesn't exist
E/CameraMetadata-JNI(  873): CameraMetadata_setupGlobalVendorTagDescriptor: Failed to setup vendor tag descriptors, received error No such device (-19)
D/Launcher.Model( 1121): 11683562 - loadWorkspaceScreensDb()
D/Launcher.Model( 1121): 11683562 -   screens: { 0: 3 }
D/Launcher.Model( 1121): 11683562 -   sBgWorkspaceScreens: 3
W/CameraManagerGlobal(  873): Failed to set up vendor tags: The camera device is removable and has been disconnected from the Android device, or the camera service has shut down the connection due to a higher-priority access request for the camera device.

Developer World
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

hi

this is normal

camera is not implemented yet!

Regards

Alin

Developer World
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

hi

time restore can be silened

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/timekeep

that message was there for debugging

br

Alin

Talent
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Is there any workaround for modem files on 5.1 and 3.10 kernel?

The 5.1 binaries do not include any and the ones that used to work on 3.4 kernel do not work on 3.10 kernel.

Developer World
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

hi

if you are refering to data

we are working on it

br

Alin

Talent
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

UPDATE:

New binaries - SW_binaries_for_Xperia_AOSP_L_MR1_v2 - do not include modem files for aries:

• No sim card, Baseband version unknown

Adding them manually from 23.1.A.0.690 firmware fixes issues.

Data worked for me using the added lollipop modem firmware.

• Browser crashed in settings, when trying to check/set/change preferences
  • Audio routing issues persist

Adept
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

How does one investigate the following?

Shutting down AOSP 5.1 doesn't work on my phone: it looks like it is shutting down, but after a few seconds the device starts again.

So: is there a way for getting a log that has information before and after this "reboot"? (so that I can see the last action/log entries prior to shutting down)

many thanks

Regular
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

@Pikkel75 wrote:

How does one investigate the following?

Shutting down AOSP 5.1 doesn't work on my phone: it looks like it is shutting down, but after a few seconds the device starts again.

So: is there a way for getting a log that has information before and after this "reboot"? (so that I can see the last action/log entries prior to shutting down)

many thanks

That's odd...  Sounds like it's setting a reboot flag instead of shutdown to the PMIC would be my guess.

1)  Which device

2)  Which kernel branch?  I've been using the aosp/AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.BF.2.1_RB1.05.00.00.173.012 so can't really help you with any others