account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the Open Devices community!

This is where we discuss open source and development related questions on our Open Devices initiative.

AOSP and Lollipop for Xperia E1!

Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

AOSP and Lollipop for Xperia E1!

Hello everyone,

I know this is an annoying subject - but we have so many problems at XDA with no AOSP or Lollipop. No custom ROMs have been built yet, and after nearly 3 years, we have CyanogenMod 11 built from scratch that has so many problems, doesn't even stay on for 5 minutes. Even if AOSP isn't available without patches can we have the full sources? As a developer, (and I think I might speak for everyone else here) it's so hard to build ROMs for this phone - I've tried so many times and all of them have so many problems (and no I'm not a bad dev, I have built ROMs for supported, yes supported AOSP devices and they have gone really well). So all I ask of you guys at Sony is that you help us with this phone.

Thanks,

- Jago Gardiner

3 REPLIES 3
Developer World
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: AOSP and Lollipop for Xperia E1!

Hi

Xperia E1 is an Legacy device based on Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 200. This SOC is not suported by AOSP and it requires a huge effort to add it into the open devices unified kernel.

Starting from there this device would need extensive changes into the AOSP code to build and boot.

Unfortunately all those changes make this devices incompatible with the Open Devices program

Regards

Alin

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Could we not just have sources though to at least build custom ROMs to our phone? Development for this phone is so hard at the moment.
One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

all Xperia devices have the same open source files as E1 (expect the AOSP supported ones with working Device tree)

Actually, the current build of CM11 now doesn't do random reboots, but now only when you enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth