account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

creating folders for photos

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

creating folders for photos

In recently bought a Sony Z3. So far I am happy with my phone but it seems to me it is lacking one thing I need.

Perhaps I am not doing it right but would like to know how do I create folders for photos.

I have so many photos but would like to arrange it in different albums. For instance my art photos in a folder, my nature photos in another and photos of my family and friends in another.

I do not want to go through all photos to look for something specific.
If it is saved in specific folders it would make it easier to find what I am looking for.

Thank you for your help

Tjaart
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: creating folders for photos

There is no way to make different albums in the default album app but you can arrange them in different folders with file commander application. And from album,you have folder view.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi Tjaart01

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

You can create a folder that will show within the album Folders section of the handset.

Simply use File Commander to create a folder within the Pictures Folder and then put a picture in the folder. This should allow the folder to show within the Album under Folder.

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

In the next release of the Album application (7.0), it will also be possible to move photos to other folders. When the update is released you will be able to move photos in the following way:

1. From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
  2. Find and tap Album.
  3. Drag the left edge of the Album home screen to the right, then tap Folders.
  4. Enter a folder and select pictures, then tap the menu button (three vertical dots).
  5. Tap Move to… and choose your destination or create a new destination.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Commissioner
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

So moving pictures in other folders will move them in file system or only show them in the new folder?

I´ve tried to move 6 pictures from one folder to another but i´m a bit confused as the pictures are in old folder when looking in file system with file commander...
Greetings,

SirRobin
Commissioner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

hello,

Tap Move to… and choose your destination or create a new destination. -> i don't see move to... option. 

G69
Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

why camt you do it from all content folder/screen! just annoying madness...

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Under the three dots.. I can't see an option of move to for the Sony Xperia x ?🤔