account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Where's the Basic Funtionality?

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Where's the Basic Funtionality?

I know it's nice to be able to integrate all these media ino the Album from difference folders/sources. But like a lot of others, I participate in various Whatsapp Group chat, for both professional and leasure. And in any group, there will be tons of images, photos, memes & videos being shared. On a daily basis I might add. And to have these populating the Album app makes searching for photos I took from the camera, ridiculously difficult. It make things worse because there's no option to just display Camera Photos ONLY, or stop Album from pulling in media from Whatsapp & various folders.

This is a basic feature for any Photo/Gallery app and it's missing. And it's really disheartening when a Sony representative in the Google+ Album saying that a feature is not there and that we should use a different app instead.

Seriously??? Smirking Face

Regards,

Zann H

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Where's the Basic Funtionality?

By using a file manager and placing a .nomedia on the folder with images. It will not show up in albums app.

Or you can downlowd third-party media viewer at google play

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Demigod
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

While these work for folders you created, it won't work for folders created by their own apps. Because the apps will treat them as no longer there and create a new folder instead.

I'm already using stock android Gallery, but that's not the reason why I post the question here.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

well then it must be with the apps itself, you can suggest to the developer to do something about it. since there is nothing else a user can do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Precisely why I raise the issue here again. I mention these to the developers more than a year back, but nothing is done.
Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

"Or you can downlowd third-party media viewer at google play"

Great advice, I've installed another viewer, but now could you tell me how can I uninstall useless Album app?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

I must say the advice given here is not great.

The OP asks a meaningful question and we basically give him poor advice.

A forum like this is an ideal place for Sony to capture this type of request.

Basically many apps may use image files with standard extensions (even some sat nav programs have done this).

With the way the Album app works, it finds these folders and shows them in the reel.

Sure you can browse single folders and you can even out a shortcut on your home screen to single folders, but what is actually required is the ability to switch off or "hide" certain folders from the reel.

The viewing app itself is at fault at least as much as the 3rd party app.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Exactly what I have been feeling since I bought my Xperia Z5 Compact man! I used to arrange my photos-videos as folders (albums if you like) and each folder would contain files from different occasions, like “2015 Birthday Party”, “2014 Christmas”, “Hiking, October”, "Whatsapp", "Facebook", "9GAG" sort of thing you see what I mean? However, the Album app, although it’s very good in other ways, is just hopeless! Every time you open it, there is a timeline of all the photos in the device, and you’ll need to open the side window to go to the Folders tab and etc etc. I imagine you also know how much time consuming and frustrating it is to find a photo you took in the morning because the multiple photos you have received/downloaded from Whatsapp or Messenger or Chrome since then go on top of that recent shot you took and you need to scroll and scroll and scroll to find it! If only we were able to choose the default screen when we open the app so I would get to see the folders(albums) listed directly and go to Camera folder or Whatsapp folder or etc straightaway. That would be a much faster and easier to navigate around way to use the Album app to be honest. I’m not telling Sony to just remove that Home timeline, but if they could give us the option to choose what we get to see when we open the app as default, that would be MUCH better!

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@G94N

You can send your feedback to the app developers

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/Album-7-0-A-0-24-update/m-p/949690#U949690

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)