account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Unable to select folder in Album

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Unable to select folder in Album

can not select a folder in album!!!! πŸ“

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Folder

Neither can I,
Generally I use a file manager for folder management

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Do you mean you cannot enter the folder?
If so, go into settings, apps, album, storage and clear data and cache

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Rookie
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

showing pictures of the games and unnecessary me pictures that I want to hide
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Put a nomedia file in the folder and reboot.
Google nomedia for more info

Genius
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

But also,take note that .nomedia files can only be created by using 3rd party file manager like Solid Explorer and ES Explorer.

Stock file manager like File Commander(the free version),however,does not allow you to do that.

If the pictures from the game itself is shown up in Album,its a wise action to leave the game pictures by themselves. Do not create .nomedia files in that game folder or else,the game might not be functional/loss of experience.
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

If you just want to hide a few images, select the ones you want to hide, then press options button top right (3 dots) and select "hide"
To view these later on, in album menu. Scroll down to "hidden"

Rookie
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Re: Unable to select folder in Album

I want to hide some folder. Some folder of games consist of about 100 pictures
Genius
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Re: Unable to select folder in Album

@Z-mathew-z

Alternatively,if you really confident hiding the pictures of the game will not affect user experience,then you could actually RENAME the specified folder by adding " . " at the front of the folder.

For example," .com.gameloft.AS8 ".

HOWEVER,this can only be done by using 3rd party file manager like Solid Explorer or ES Explorer or even rename it on your PC/Mac. The free version of File Commander doesn't support renaming folders into "hidden folders" yet.

Plus,hidden folders can only be seen by a premium version of File Commander and other 3rd party file manager.

Hope that helps.
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24