account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Rendering of zoomed picture slow with Nougat

Adviser
Message 21 of 56
Message 21 of 56

Bugs on Android 7.0 z5 models

Sony, You are the Best! Everything is good, but on Android 6.0 my z5 Premium was really Premium, perfect device without any bugs. But now... on Android 7.0 (14.04.2017) 32.3.A.0.376 there are only 3 bugs:

-Wery slow rendering photos in Album, blur and X-reality starts only after 15 seconds after picture opened!

-Call history list stuks, scroll frizzy, slowly...

-When using Bluetooth audio connection to my car audio system, Music app. of my phone doesn't send Id3 tags to my car media system on Android 7.0.

Learner
Message 22 of 56
Message 22 of 56

Re: Rendering of zoomed picture slow with Nougat

Exactly same problem in my phone also, and also the caller app freezes frequently and can't make any calls,, device restarts repeatedly if I change the data Sim or change the network from 2g to 4g

One time poster
Message 23 of 56
Message 23 of 56

Same problem with Xperia X Compact and last firmware... no luck disabling X-reality

Regular
Message 24 of 56
Message 24 of 56

Same here on X Compact. I switched to other album app, but once Sony's is fine I am going to get back to it, it is an awesome photos and videos viewer.

One time poster
Message 25 of 56
Message 25 of 56

Slow display detail in zoom mode

I update my phone to nougat. Now when I zoom image (23mpx) it take 10 second to see detail. I like downgrade to Android 6.

Adviser
Message 26 of 56
Message 26 of 56

Re: Slow display detail in zoom mode

Sony is silent and does not answer! 

Adviser
Message 27 of 56
Message 27 of 56

Loading full quality photos Camera & Album is slow

I often want to go back to my pictures, either in Camera or in Album to see details (zoom in) on them or see if they are taken well to know if I have to take them again.

There is an issue with this. The photos load fine at first, but they are of low quality & loading them in full quality, so they won't be pixelated takes ages and sometimes does not work at all... meaning I can't zoom in to see/show details, etc.

X Compact, saving photos on phone, not memory card, due to memory card bug.

Can you please sort this mess out? It's really annoying.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bringing users more features should not mean leaving users without a chance to opt out of those features. No offline calendar nor a sound recorder out of the box? Why?
Genius
Message 28 of 56
Message 28 of 56

Re: Loading full quality photos Camera & Album is slow

@allure while I can't confirm the 200+ GB card bug I can kudo and +1 your frustration about the official Album app. It is really annoying. What is happening is that the official Album app is loading first the thumbnail and then slowly loading in the background the full image. This is done to speed-up the opening but in reality is a big fail because in reality the background process that has to load the picture take too much time to open it, render it and transfer to the front-end object. I've already sent feedback in the past, I am sure that Sony's devs are working on fixing this issue. In the meantime my recommendation is to use the Google Photos app. It load all the photos quickly and at 100% of resolution. You could also se Google Photos as default photo viewer while Sony fix the Album app.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Regular
Message 29 of 56
Message 29 of 56

I have 7.1.1 on my X Compact now, the album lag still persists.

One time poster
Message 30 of 56
Message 30 of 56

Same problem with Androd 7.1.1 on Z5 Compact

Sony, what are you doing ? Your app is pretty cool !

Please fix it Slightly frowning Face