account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Rendering of zoomed picture slow with Nougat

Adviser
Message 11 of 56
Message 11 of 56

So many bugs, no answer

I was a devoted customer of SONY mobile.

I had Xperia Z3 and now I have a Xperia X but with this latest model I'm having too many problems to which Sony always gives the same answers.

"Please reset the phone and if it does not work, go to an authorized service center (and cross your fingers)"

List of problems:

1) With Android 7 rendering of zoomed photos it's about 25 seconds

It's a problem that many people are experiencing and on different XPERIA models, but still no official response and no solution for the bug by SONY.

2) Bluetooth connection problems with the Smartwatch 3 since the last update in February.

It's a problem that many people are experiencing and on different XPERIA models, but still no official response and no solution for the bug by SONY.

3) Bottom speaker with very low volume.

Perhaps this is the only real event of hardware failure.

QUESTION

It's possible to have an official solution in a short time at least the first 2 points?

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 56
Message 12 of 56

Re: So many bugs, no answer

3 months and one day since this thread was posted and I'm here add to the list of People reporting this bug. My X Compact is now on it's second firmware, both of which have been flashed a couple of times since I got it and nothing resolves this bug.

Sort it out Sony, quite embarrasing trying to show People pictures after the weekend and having to stand waiting for the picture to fully render whilst Samsung users are slating your "crap" phone.

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 56
Message 13 of 56

Re: So many bugs, no answer

yes im experiencing the same issue on nougat...how frustrating and unprofessional by sony.

this wasnt much of a issue with MM

come on sony pull your finger out and fix it.

Regular
Message 14 of 56
Message 14 of 56

Xperia X

After i updated my xperia x to 7.0 nougat there seems to be a huge delay while loading pictures it takes about 10-15 seconds for x-reality or even super vivid mode to kick in please fix sony

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 56
Message 15 of 56

Re: Xperia X

noticed the album app had a update....still even after the update the rendering is still pathetically slow

this leads me to think that it could be "nougat" thats the issue, and not the app

Adviser
Message 16 of 56
Message 16 of 56

Yes it's true, but with Google photo now works for me. 

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 56
Message 17 of 56

ahh yes true...then it must be the album app.

i however notice the rendering is better in the album app then in google photo.

but yes, it doe render much much quicker in google photo then album.

come on sony...seriously....its not rocket science.

Adviser
Message 18 of 56
Message 18 of 56

X-reality bug on Z5 Premium on Nought

After update my z5 Prem to Android 7.0, I finde bug with X-reality. Now it works very slow. X reality activates only after 13-15 !!! seconds after opening picture in Album. On Android 6.0 everything worked perfect (only 1 second was needed for X-reality engine start)!

One time poster
Message 19 of 56
Message 19 of 56

problems after nougat update

Notification bar lags. .while playing music,,, takes time to load pictures especially while zooming,,, after nougat update.... 
Enthusiast
Message 20 of 56
Message 20 of 56

Re: X-reality bug on Z5 Premium on Nought

welcome to the club my friend.