account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Removal of mapping features from Album

Talent
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Removal of mapping features from Album

All apps are downgrading why why.. 

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

This is not an acceptable answer. Consumers want to know why such a useful and likely popular feature is being removed. 

Mobile phone users are on the go, and these expensive phones are also touted as super cameras. Why remove mapping related features?

When you REMOVE a feature in software that has existed for years, that the hardware is capable of supporting, you are making the overall product and experience worse. How is this acceptable to Sony?

I used this feature with my Xperia SP and Z3 Compact. I just bought my XZ3 a week ago and this update happened, making Album functionality worse than is was for the last 6 years! 

Emperor
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Let's not crucified Sony just yet, lets wait and see if this is a feature that will be brought back or if it's forever gone.

If its indeed coming back with a future update, we could ask when that will happen but IFF its going to be brought back I think it'll be not the next app update but in two more app updates, since each update has to be tested and released.

If its NOT going to happen as a consumer it will be good for Sony to let us know what was the reason behind it, if it's a Google/Android restriction, if it's a copyright issue or if it was a time consuming issue or cost saving issue

I'm still not over the Walkman app rebrand into "Music"

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

At least we are not at the point anymore, where Sony would put Malware on their AudioCDs that would install and infect and compromise (leave wide open to 3rd party attackers) your Windows if you decided to listen to the Audio CD on your PC, like back around 2000. I hope.

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Take a look on Google Play of all the recent reviews of what used to be a consistent 4-5 star App.

Clearly users are unhappy with having features taken away.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

This is obviously a fundamental step down in functionality. I've been surprised by this and just stopped the Album app from auto-updating in the last second after reading the update info. I really wonder why Sony undertakes this kind of action against the user base.

I would ask that this criticism be relayed to the relevant decision makers, but sadly, I'm suspecting that Sony is not going to listen anyway.