account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remotely Control / Advance Photos in Album? (with USB, Bluetooth, or another mobile device app?)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Remotely Control / Advance Photos in Album? (with USB, Bluetooth, or another mobile device app?)

How can I remotely (a few feet away) make photos in Album app advance to next image or go back?  I'd prefer linking with USB / OTG, if possible - or another mobile device with a Remote app.  Or even Bluetooth, if it works consistently.  
Also would use another app than Album if it would display using full 4K like Album does...
Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Remotely Control / Advance Photos in Album? (with USB, Bluetooth, or another mobile device app?)

hi @RoboticBot

are you talking about just controlling the phone or while the phone is connected to a tv?

I haven't tried it yet, but maybe you can connect a bluetooth mouse or keyboard to the device and use the mouse keys or keyboard keys to "swipe" images...

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Remotely Control / Advance Photos in Album? (with USB, Bluetooth, or another mobile device app?)

Thanks for answering!
I need to just control my XZ-P phone - not a TV or other device. 

The idea is to be able to show someone a series of pictures on the XZ-P in Album, but I need to be able to pause if they need to, or go back.  (Or in another photo viewer app that will display in 4K, not go to 1080P as I've heard 3rd party apps do.)
Problem is, the phone will be placed in a sort of VR viewer, so they won't be able to control Album while the phone is enclosed / not touchable.  

Using a USB mouse or keyboard would great, if either could be used to go forward and back through the images in Album. I think a USB type C to type A USB female might allow that, but again I don't know if Album will respond to the mouse or keyboard, and allow forward and reverse.

One other thought: I don't know if I added a magnet to the viewer (like some VR viewers have), if that would at least allow people to advance pictures in Album while using the phone in viewer?