account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Photos disappear from album

Apprentice
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Photos disappear from album

No one in the forum or Sony seems to have an answer!
This is a serious problem..... important and cherished memories are gone forever.... I never heard of other phone makers...the competition have this problem!!
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

@Hanan123 Do you store the photos on your internal storage or to an SD-card? If you save them to an SD-card, I suggest that you change the data storage to internal storage to see if same thing happens. Since you say that some photos turn black, it sounds like they are getting corrupt.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Ok if they get corrupt.. Then what to do to prevent that from happening again!?
Forum Legend
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

So you are using an SD-card? If that's the case, I suggest that you test your SD-card with H2testw for example. This program will write/read data to the SD-card to make sure it's OK. If it fails to write/read blocks from your SD-card, it sounds like the SD-card is damaged and a new SD-card would be recommended.
Note that, when using H2testw your SD-card will be erased. Move the files from your SD-card to your PC before you test it.

If an SD-card is not used and the same thing happens when the photos are saved to the internal storage, I suggest that you use the phone in safe mode for a while to make sure that no third party app is causing this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I too have the same problem...At first i thought that it might be by mistake i had done..But later found that only those photos which i took using the camera of sony xperia C3 have lost.....I lost my precious memories...I fear the other photos may will have loose...😭Plz giv me a solution for this problm