account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No Xz compact photo gallery widget?

Visitor
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

No Xz compact photo gallery widget?

I opted for new Sony xz compact over the honor 9 largely for its camera. Part of the pleasure of a good camera is showing off the photos. Please will youybring back the widget. At the same time, why can't i turn off What's New and other notifications? Is it true you're making the UI less customizable?

That's terrible

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Xz compact photo gallery widget?

Hi @MsCreant, welcome to our forum and congratulations on your new Xperia XZ1 Compact! Slightly smiling Face

The photo and video widget  was removed because of user feedback indicating that the Photos and videos widget isn’t widely used, there may however be another widget that you can download from the Google Play store and you can use that one to show of your photos.

In most applications you can edit the notifications if you open up the application and tap either the three lines in the top left corner, or the three dots in the top right corner > Settings. As as example we can use the What's new application, so start with launching the application and then tap the three lines in the top left corner > Settings > Show notifications, turn this off.

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanks. I've found most ways to turn off notinotificat but a few elude mem 

As for the gallery, apps in the play store will either cost money or have ads. I do not want to have my photos interrupted by ads!

Perhaps you could offer a free widget to download from the stores 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi again! Slightly smiling Face

I'm happy to hear that you have managed to turn most notifications off and let me know which ones you are still struggling with and I'll do my best to assist you!

I'm afraid that I don't personally use a widget to display photos, so I won't be able to recommend an application for you. Slightly frowning Face

If you just want to browse the photos you have taken, you can open up the Album application and view them in there! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that helps!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Visitor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Of course I know how to open up the album. But the lack of an ad-free photo  widget continues to disappoint me. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hello again!

I understand that and I'll make sure to forward your wishes internally as user feedback, however do note that I can't make any promises!

Have a nice day!

One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi. 

That is no reason to delette some apps. 

I use the Photo Widget and the Contact Widget. 

Everbody can do with the Widget what he want. 

Use or not use. 

You can make the Widget for a separate download. Then can you see, how many User use these two Apps..

Thanks

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi, also using both of these widgets, please bring them back.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Antti2, welcome to our community!

I'll make sure to forward your feedback regarding this, but keep in mind that is was removed due to user feedback indicating that the Photos and videos widget isn’t widely used.

I'll try my best though, but I can't make any promises!

One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi, I have been looking for the photo widget for some time and a suitable replacement for the small apps.
Thank God the Xperia keyboard still works on Android 8.

Please bring back the cherished features!

Thank you