account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Issue when posting comments along with a photo to facebook.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 1 of 23
Message 1 of 23

Issue when posting comments along with a photo to facebook.

Hi 

When i firs got my phone around 2 months ago, all was cool. 

Now, when i post a photo to facebook's Xperia album, i'm asked if i want to write a comment along with the photo, i write a comment, then press 'post' The comment is never posted. This seems to happen when i post the photo to the Xperia album as i want to have a record of pics taken on this phone. 

In accounts, i have an 'Xperia with facebook' account & a 'facebook' account,should these be synced, what is the difference between the 2 & could this be the reason for the issue?

Many Thanks

Rup 

22 REPLIES 22
Emperor
Message 2 of 23
Message 2 of 23

Re: Issue when posting comments along with a photo to facebook.

@ruprecht

if you logged in on the facebook app then you should be asked to logged in on the Xperia with facebook, try to use the facebook app, if you don't encounter any issues then it's a bug on the xperia with facebook app. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 3 of 23
Message 3 of 23

Thanks for reply. 

Ah, so Xperia with Facebook is the app & normal facebook is the browser version?. I seem to be permanently logged into both all the time! Should i log out of m.facebook.com & just use the Xperia with facebook app pre loaded onto my phone? 

Thanks

Emperor
Message 4 of 23
Message 4 of 23

@ruprecht

use the facebook app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adept
Message 5 of 23
Message 5 of 23

thats where the problem is. I open the app, add picture, add comment to picture, add to xperia album on facebook, post, pic ok but no comment there 

Emperor
Message 6 of 23
Message 6 of 23

@ruprecht

That's rather odd, you might want to contact Facebook on this. 

Adept
Message 7 of 23
Message 7 of 23

I'm wondering if i should go to pi 1st then add to facebook rather than facebook 1st. What is the difference between Xperia facebook & normal facebook again please? which is which. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 23
Message 8 of 23

@ruprecht

I think @Rickard could give you a better reply. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 23
Message 9 of 23

I just tested this here and it seems like there's an issue with the latest version of Facebooks app. If i upload a photo to one of my albums (doesn't matter which album) using it and add a comment, the comment is never added to the picture on Facebook. It doesn't matter if i share the photo from Album or if i open Facebooks app and upload it from there with a comment.

I reported it as an issue to Facebook using their app and i recommend that you also do this.

Beside the option to use the web version of Facebook (www.facebook.com/m.facebook.com/touch.facebook.com) you have two apps in your phone for Facebook. The first is the Facebook app made by Facebook and the other is Xperia with Facebook made by us. Xperia with Facebook is designed to synchronize certain data with Facebook like pictures to Album.

But due to API changes made by Facebook we are however in the process of phasing out Xperia with Facebook and some functionality has already been removed. In our latest software, there's no option to upload a picture with Xperia with Facebook so you need to use Facebooks app.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Adept
Message 10 of 23
Message 10 of 23

many thanks for your reply, i will read it in detail this afternoon & reply.