account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Feature Request: Default photo name/Default album feature

Highlighted
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Feature Request: Default photo name/Default album feature

Hello Sony -- if you're out there

I would like to suggest a feature for your camera app -- photonames default to include date (eg 20151003_DSCXXX). Current default creates possibilities of duplicates as the phone restarts photo naming # with each clearing of the pictures album.

With regard to the stock Album, it would be GREAT if one could hide folders containing things like Contact photos and Theme screens. The default view populates the album with a hodge-podge of images with no  hint as to organization. This presents a problem when trying to pick a photo to attach to an Email, post to social media, etc. Yes, there are third party applications, but this is such a simple (an IMHO) and obvious feature. 

Thanks for playing the home version of Z3C Bingo....

One time poster
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Feature Request: Default photo name/Default album feature

I wish I could choose the folder where the pictures are saved.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Get QuickPic - there you can set up default folder, hide or show folders. This SONY Album is terrible - each update is worse.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Re: Unable to select folder in Album

I have hundreds of folders with music - other Albums let me select folders I want to view/hide. I am not going to rename all folders because Sony does not know how to hide folders. They are years behind other viewers.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@traveller_cz

Instead of complaining here at a user based forum have you even consider joining the album beta test and post your feedback directly with the album app developers? posting complaints/rant here seems pointless to me, when you have that option.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Just stick a nomedia file in the folder you want hiding,

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I did join the beta testing forum but it is waste of time.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@traveller_cz 

Did you read the other comment left by @MyAliasIsGary

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Music/Music-9-0-0-A-0-1-update/td-p/987203/page/6

This is a user based forum, so you should either contact Sony directly or use the beta groups. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Yes, I was quite enthusiastic when I joined the groups but then I realized it makes no sense. The same requests appear there quite often without any response/results.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@traveller_cz

It might seem like that, but the android developers read all the users post, suggestions, bugs, etc.