account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 51 of 150
Message 51 of 150

Album - low res images, corrupt files

I have been having the same, persistent problem ever since I got the phone - multiple low res thumbnails, corrupt image files and also these random The Sims images that are saved everytime I restart the phone.

I tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone; I reset the album app to factory settings (those were the solutions I found at the forum), yet no solution. Any help would be appreciated! thanks.

Screenshot_2014-07-01-13-52-58.png

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 52 of 150
Message 52 of 150

Re: Album - low res images, corrupt files

Uninstall the Album update.

Settings.>Apps.>.Album.>Uninstall or Uninstall update.

Works perfectly and gives you an old style album with all photos together, and no thumbnails, similar to ios.

Read this, try this and stop complaining!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 53 of 150
Message 53 of 150

[Workarround]Sony multimedia applications' thumbnail cache got indexed by google applications

Is Sony aware of this problem?? It is really annoying to have cache or temporary files within your media library. At least they could store the thumnail files with an extension that is not associated with any multimedia mimetype to avoid this. As simple as storing Thumnail.jpg as Thumbnail.dat for example. Or in case the indexer uses the file header instead of the extension store the files with a custom header and then replace it on the fly when they are loaded to memory if the current format is really unavoidable.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 54 of 150
Message 54 of 150

Re: Sony multimedia applications' thumbnail cache got indexed by google applications

I found myself a workarround hope it helps:

Copy ".nomedia" file from "Internal Storage\demovideo\" to a temporary location

1 - Go to "Internal Storage\Android\data\com.sonyericsson.album\cache\"

1.1 - Paste the ".nomedia" file
1.2 - Delete all "thumbnail*" folders

2 - Go to "Internal Storage\Android\data\com.sonyericsson.music\files\cache\"

2.1 - Paste the ".nomedia" file
2.2 - Delete all "thumbnail*" folders
2.3 - Delete "ContentCache" folder

3 - Go to "Internal Storage\Android\data\com.sonyericsson.video\cache\"

3.1 - Paste the ".nomedia" file
3.2 - Delete all "thumbnail*" folders

4 - Restart your phone

Thumbnail cache will be regenerated but not indexed as the ".nomedia" file prevents cache subdirectories from being indexed.

Highlighted
Message 55 of 150
Message 55 of 150

Re: Album's problem Z1 compact

Hi eck_mcl yes there are alot of us suffering this problem it's apparently something to do with the last software update for the album that has caused this. I too never turn my phone off we are all awaiting sony sorting it with an update
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 56 of 150
Message 56 of 150

Re: Sony multimedia applications' thumbnail cache got indexed by google applications

For those that are still experiencing this problem, be advised that this "work-around" worked for me!

usrx1024

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Album/Album-s-problem-Z1-compact/td-p/716771/page/6

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 57 of 150
Message 57 of 150

Reseting the phone, I get over 500 pictures...

Hi all.

I curently have Xperia Z1 compact:

Model D5503

Android version: 4.4.2

Every app is updated, and functioning normally.

But...

when I reset my phone, and go to Album, I have 500+ copyed pictures from Camera, What's app and Viber.

Even the ones I deleted.

Can someone help me? Is it something in the settings of the phone, or a bug?

Thank you.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 58 of 150
Message 58 of 150

Photos Greyed out in Album

I have had my phone for about 2 months now and after a month some of the photos in the Album appear for a second and then grey out so I can no longer view them, this is rather annoying. Has anyone else come across this particular issue?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 59 of 150
Message 59 of 150

Re: Photos Greyed out in Album

This means the photo is not on your phone anymore but the thumbnail is - Try clearing the thumbnails folder from your pictures and or DCIM folder using a filemanager app

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Talent
Message 60 of 150
Message 60 of 150

Re: Photos Greyed out in Album

Sorry to hijack but is there any way to get the Album app to stop showing up the system thumbnail folders? It really is so annoying. Not to mention pointless!