account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 21 of 150
Message 21 of 150

Re: album's problem

The photos are saved multiple times, some 7/8. All in different resolutions and in no particular order to when they were saved or taken. I can't even manually delete them as there are thousands and they return!
Message 22 of 150
Message 22 of 150

Try settings-apps-all-camera,force stop and clear data.Restart.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 23 of 150
Message 23 of 150

No success with that either.
Message 24 of 150
Message 24 of 150

This is so strange,haven't seen this before.Try a software repair:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 25 of 150
Message 25 of 150

If the issue described is the recurring thumbnail issue then the software repair should fix it. When I first bought the phone I just inserted an old SD cars that has been used on a different Xperia The running on JB. My wild guess is that smth on the card triggered this. I did format clean the SD card, did the repair software and gone it is

Message 26 of 150
Message 26 of 150

I.too am having these exact problems.with my new Sony.Xperia z2 it's driving me crazy it.keeps creating various size thumb nail duplicates of all my photos and creating a total mess.of my gallery
Message 27 of 150
Message 27 of 150

Re: Reoccurring Thumbnails on the Z1 Compact

Try this for reoccurring cd album art thumbnails and other thumbnails:

Remove Sdcard from Xperia C1 handset. Don't touch the Sdcard again until you have done the following steps:

1. Remove sim card ( if you haven't done so, import your phone contacts before you remove the SIM card).
2. Factory re-set your Xperia C1 (settings). You will lose all data.
3. Sync your Xperia C1 to Sony PC Companion on computer (download from www.sony.com).
4. Use MediaGo in Sony PC Companion to transfer all media files (music, photos, videos) from computer to internal storage of handset and vice versa. You can install MediaGo from Sony PC Companion. (Note: you must let MediaGo sync your music library before you transfer music files to the internal storage of your handset; you can also add photos via MediaGo. Be selective with the media files when using internal storage - watch those gigabytes).

And what about that Sdcard? Delete all files from it if you have used windows file manager or any file manager and sync it with MediaGo for media transfer. You may need to re-format the Sdcard or it may be corrupt.

Hope this works.

Happy XperiaSlightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 28 of 150
Message 28 of 150

Same problem here.bought my z1 compact June 15, 2014. This is so frustrating.
Apprentice
Message 29 of 150
Message 29 of 150

Has anybody solved the issue yet? This is driving me mad! I've tried the software update but had no joy I've only had the phone 2 weeks :-( someone please help!!
Apprentice
Message 30 of 150
Message 30 of 150

I've just uninstalled the last updated on my album and it seems to have stopped the problem, hopefully this may have sorted will keep you updated