account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 141 of 150
Message 141 of 150

Re: Cannot watch pictures that i can the day before, need help!

that's what i thought, is there something to do to repair it? and how does it happen from a day to another?

thanks for the help

Emperor
Message 142 of 150
Message 142 of 150

Are you able to see other pictures? or are all the pictures corrupted? 

perhaps the SD card its faulty

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 143 of 150
Message 143 of 150

no i can see other pictures on the sd card, there are just  the one that i took the last weekend, they were "hidden" in the app album. That could come from there

Emperor
Message 144 of 150
Message 144 of 150

Try this, settings > apps > all > album > clear data > restart your phone > check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 145 of 150
Message 145 of 150

thx, but still don't work

Emperor
Message 146 of 150
Message 146 of 150

@jaune 

Then the pictures are corrupted 

One time poster
Message 147 of 150
Message 147 of 150

album

Why do i get random pictures in my album when I restart my Z1 compact?
One time poster
Message 148 of 150
Message 148 of 150

Re: Seriously...thumbnails in album? Why?! (Inc Facebook Messenger stickers)

Richard/Sony -

First of all, appreciate that you are checking in to this thread. I am wondering, however, why Sony doesn't just create a fix in a software update instead of asking everyone to do some complicated manual fixes in their phone that seem  to work for some but not for everyone. This problem has been around for more than a year. And now it keeps getting weirder.

My Z1 compact initially did the thumbnail copy thing, creating thousands of copies in random order and at random times (this started a week after I got it around 08/2014). I tried many of the suggestions on this thread but nothing worked.

And now it got worse: the phone started to automatically download all pictures from any random websites I visit (note: not pictures I looked at, but ALL pictures on a website I briefly visit). I have to delete these pictures manually. Some reappear.

It is painful, and I simply cannot understand why Sony would not just fix this with an update or a re-release of the Album app. It shouldnt be rocket science since everyone else is able to create a decent photo app that doesn't do weird stuff. I guess that's why it feels like Sony doesn't really care about its customers' Xperience.

I am tired of trying myself. So, Richard, can you suggest a third party photo app that I can switch to seemlessly until Sony finally solves this issue?

Thanks.

One time poster
Message 149 of 150
Message 149 of 150

Re: Duplicate images in Album application

Same here,but whatever I try they just keep coping my older images even burst images get copied but individualy so from one burst it makes 30-200 copies, and the memories button does not work. Sony fix this .

Bf7
One time poster
Message 150 of 150
Message 150 of 150

Re: album's problem

Same problem here.

This all started when i was asked to update the Os and the problem of duplicate photos started, maybe 2 months ago only. Had my phone for almost 2 years and never had this kind of problem. It's driving me nuts, having to erase every now and then the duplicate photos under thumbnails. And if you're not careful you could also erase photos you would otherwise want to keep..