account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Duplicate images in Album application

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 131 of 150
Message 131 of 150

Re: Seriously...thumbnails in album? Why?! (Inc Facebook Messenger stickers)

I have downloaded multiple stickers, yet they don't show up on my album, this is quite odd, have you uninstalled fb apps? clearing the album app data and restarting your phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Talent
Message 132 of 150
Message 132 of 150

Thanks to whoever moved my post /sarcasm - I had written a long reply to find it wouldn't post when I pressed submit...

Basically, I have tried everything. Nothing stopsnmy Album app picking up pointless low quality thumbnsil images or Facebook Stickers.

Emperor
Message 133 of 150
Message 133 of 150

@alex_ncfc your post has been merged to this since its similar. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 134 of 150
Message 134 of 150

@alex_ncfc

Sorry to hear that you still have duplicate pictures and thumbs in your Album.

Have you also cleared data for the app called Media Storage under Settings -> Apps -> All and restarted the phone after you created the .nomedia file under Android\data?

Android has a media scanner which scans for all media files which are then displayed by media apps like Album, Walkman and Movies. A .nomedia file will make the media scanner skip the folder containing it but it will not remove files from the media store that has already been scanned. So when you have created the missing .nomedia file you need to clear the media store and restart the phone. The media scanner will then scan your media again and skip the folder.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 135 of 150
Message 135 of 150

Hi @Rickard

Sorry for ranting about the fact about my thread being merged into this one - it's just I had typed a big reply on a tablet that is not easy to type on so was frustrated!

Although I have tried what you suggested above (cleared data for the app called Media Storage under Settings -> Apps -> All and restarted the phone after you created the .nomedia file under Android\data) numerous times and it didn't work, I think it has now started working. I couldn't get the Facebook Messenger stickers to go though - so I simply deleted the folders.

However, I need further help - since doing the above operation a few times (clearing data for Media Storage) everything on my phone seems to have gone a bit haywire - after one restart, every single app, system app or otherwise, popped up with a "Has stopped responding" error box and the phone was unuseable - then when I restarted, although I didn't notice at first, all of my notification sounds for various apps, including Facebook, Twitter, SMS, Phone Call Ringtone, Calendar and more - have all set themselves to random sounds. I didn't touch any audio file folders, so what has gone wrong here??

Sony Xperia Support
Message 136 of 150
Message 136 of 150

Glad to hear that the images seems to be gone from Album now. In case you still see some pictures in Album which should not be there, could you open them, tap menu and then select Details and check the path where they're stored?

Clearing data for Media Storage may perhaps reset the ringtone for some apps as the selected tone may not be available for the app until it has been scanned again by the media scanner. I've never heard about apps starting to force close because of it though. Could you check so that the internal storage is not full under Settings -> Storage? That may cause such issues.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 137 of 150
Message 137 of 150

Cannot watch pictures that i can the day before, need help!

Hi everyone,

i've got an issue, i took pictures with the phone yesterday, i could watch the pictures yesterday and now, i can't read or watch the same pictures on my phone or on my computer. This is how it appears in the album.

Screenshot_2015-03-17-18-25-56.png

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Emperor
Message 138 of 150
Message 138 of 150

Re: Cannot watch pictures that i can the day before, need help!

Were the pictures stored on an SD card? 

Use a file commander > Internal Storage/SD card > DCIM > 100ANDRO > can you see the pictures?

Rookie
Message 139 of 150
Message 139 of 150

hi, yes the pictures are on an sd card, but i can see the files with file commander but can't open it or see it

Screenshot_2015-03-17-18-45-21.png

Emperor
Message 140 of 150
Message 140 of 150

I'm afraid to say but most likely the SD card is corrupted or the files are corrupted.